Monday, April 12, 2010

Palm tree flowers attract bees and pose danger to passers-by

 Palm tree flowers attract bees and pose danger to passers-by
The flowers on this palm tree attract bees which pose a danger to passers-by walking to the bus stop nearby.

STOMPer apiphobic, who was stung by a bee, says:

"These pictures were taken near the bus stop beside Blk 288D at Bt Batok East Ave 6.

"As I was walking to the bus stop I felt a sharp piercing pain on my neck.

"When I rubbed my neck, I found a struggling bee.

"This palm tree near the bus stop bears flowers twice a year and during the flowering season, swarms of bees are attracted to the flowers.

"I hope the Town Council will not plant such trees in housing estates as they attract bees.

"Now, I have to take another route to reach the bus stop."

 Palm tree flowers attract bees and pose danger to passers-by

Oh right, so in that case, let's eliminate all flowering plants from our neighbourhoods.

I can accept the fact that most people may not be comfortable living in close proximity to stinging insects such as bees and wasps, especially if one is allergic to stings. However, calling for the palm trees to be cleared just because a single bee stung you is frankly preposterous.

Oh wait, is it the work of this person yet again?

facepalm

Right. So far, he's self-diagnosed as being nyctophobic (afraid of the dark), ophidiophobic (afraid of snakes), arachnophobic (afraid of spiders), scoleciphobic (afraid of worms), and now he says he has a phobia of bees.

I know that there's a possibility that these are not all posted by the same person, but if you look at all these submissions, you will probably notice that all these posts have the same writing style.

Instead of kicking up such a big fuss because of his many irrational phobias, I think what this person needs is psychiatric help.