Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's a Carnival!

Sometime back, I submitted my recent post Of moths and social media to a couple of blog carnivals, hoping that they would be featured in the upcoming editions.


Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est (And thus knowledge itself is power)
-- Sir Francis Bacon.

Scientia Pro Publica is a traveling blog carnival that celebrates the best science, environment, nature and medical writing that has been published in the blogosphere within the past 60 days targeted specifically to the public.
My post was featured in Scientia Pro Publica 24: Origins Edition, hosted over at 360 Degree Skeptic. I now know the origins of the word 'lazy' and 'moth'.


Circus of the Spineless is "a monthly celebration of Insects, Arachnids, Molluscs, Crustaceans, Worms and most anything else that wiggles, crawls or flutters."
Circus of the Spineless #49 – The Uncarnival Edition, which was hosted by Xenogere, featured the very same post.

Do check out and follow both these carnivals, as they are always full of links to posts featuring biodiversity from all around the world. Blogging truly is an excellent platform in which to share and communicate ideas and information about the world around us, and to network with people living in other countries.

The last blog carnival I participated in was I and the Bird, and there are many more carnivals I hope to take part in soon. Not only am I hoping to contribute more often to these 3 blog carnivals, there is also Carnival of the blue, Carnival of Evolution, The Moth and Me, An Inordinate Fondness, and House of Herps. And while I don't consider myself very inclined towards blogging about trees, perhaps Ria or Joseph Lai could always consider contributing to Festival of the Trees.