Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I'm popping up everywhere...

Tune in to 938LIVE at 2.40 p.m. tomorrow, as I'm featured in an episode of Passion People. I will be sharing about my work as a volunteer with the Naked Hermit Crabs, how the group came into existence, the origin of our catchy name, and a bunch of other interesting stuff about our shores.

Once again, I'll be talking about the richness of our shores, the beautiful environments and fascinating marine life, and the need to protect our natural heritage. I'll also be talking about how corporate sponsors can help volunteer groups; for example, this new collaboration with Transitions Optical allows us to cover costs and give our guided walks free of charge to the public. The wonderful folks at Transitions have also made it possible for us to organise the upcoming exhibition at the National Library this coming Friday to Sunday, with Ria giving a talk about our fragile shores on Saturday afternoon.

At this rate I'm pretty much setting myself up to be the media spokesman for the Naked Hermit Crabs. Doing a pre-recorded interview via phone was certainly an entirely different experience from recording for television, and chatting live in the studio on national radio. While I guess I did pretty alright, on hindsight there are parts that I wish I could have phrased better or elaborated more. I hope I didn't mess things up too much this time around. Oh well, we learn from our mistakes and past experiences.

There's a repeat broadcast at 9.40 p.m. as well, so do tune in then if you miss me the first time around.