Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lizard on TV



Update: Liana has blogged a quick summary of our segment on Rouge over at Adventures with the Naked Hermit Crabs

For the past week, I have been getting a huge number of messages from friends and acquaintances, through SMS, MSN Messenger, and even Facebook, telling me that I've been spotted on television. I am a little surprised by all the attention, especially when you consider that I make an appearance for less than 5 seconds on the promo trailer for tonight's episode of Rouge.

When I agreed to be interviewed on the show together with November three weeks ago, little did I know just how many people would find out, and how they would react. It seems even my parents have had their friends calling them to ask if their son was really appearing on national television.

But I suppose at the very least, this is a great opportunity to promote the wonderful work that so many of us are doing to raise awareness of our shores and their natural splendours.

Here's the synopsis from the Channel 5 programme schedule:
Can You Save The World?

What have you done to save the world?

This week on Rouge, we say "we can" to saving the environment, helping the poor and the disabled. Join special guests from ONE (SINGAPORE), President and Class 95 deejay Vernetta Lopez and co-founder Micheal Switow as they share with us how to make poverty history.

Social entrepreneur Lois Ng tells us more about Studio You and Rouge joins the Naked Hermit Crabs in a search of some marine life along the shores of Singapore.

Rouge will broadcast tonight, 20 April (Sunday) on Channel 5 at 10pm. I'll be sitting in front of the television screen, seeing how I make a fool out of myself. I think I am going to go down in history as the guy who revealed to Eunice Olsen that the giant reef worm happens to belong to the genus Eunice.

You can read about our experience in the television studio in one of my previous posts or over at Adventures with the Naked Hermit Crabs. November also blogged about her experience being filmed on Pulau Semakau over at the Midnight Monkey Monitor, while Ria documents the wonderful time they had that morning at the Wildfilms blog.